Industrial Relations Changes
Working in collaboration with Master Builders Australia to stop the Federal Government’s proposed Industrial Relations changes that will affect plumbers.
New industrial relations laws spell trouble for independent contractors and subcontractors.
Key changes being proposed include:
- Changes to independent contractors – some will be forced to become employees
- Complex new labour-hire rules apply to subcontractors
- New ‘employee-like’ category of employment impacting independent contractors
- More rights for unions and changes to entry powers
- Changes to casual workers
- New fines and penalties for employers